Spanish vocabulary changes significantly from one country to the next. Yet, few people learn about this until they are in a country, stumbling through the local Spanish.
Are you learning Spanish? Preparing to visit Chile? Or even just wanting to be more familiar with its specific slang and local words?
Speaking Chileno, already a bestseller in Chile, is the most up-to-date reference book of Chilean Spanish vocabulary. It features more than 2,000 words and phrases explained in English, many with sample sentences.
This dictionary-style book also includes 29 humorous cartoon illustrations, plus short sections about Chilean gestures, pronunciation, and grammar.
Quick reference sections group common Chilean words and phrases for food, drink, terms for the body, types of clothing and key words that are found in the daily spoken language.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING…
With SPEAKING CHILENO: A GUIDE TO SPANISH FROM CHILE words like cuica, guagua, fome, and charcha will no longer be a mystery!
AVAILABLE IN OTHER FORMATS TOO!
Available in print paperback or eBook on:
IS THIS BOOK FOR YOU?
• you are sharing this book with kids
• you do not want to read or learn vulgar (yet commonly used) local language
• this book will be your only resource to learn Spanish (it is best used with resources and tools developed specifically to teach Spanish, this book will not teach you Spanish)
• you are just starting to learn Spanish
• you are moving to Chile
• you have family in Chile and want to communicate better
• you are Chilean and want to express yourself better in English
• you already speak Spanish and want to improve your Chilean Spanish
• you are traveling to Chile