Speaking Latino’s Cultural Calendar: Festivities of the Spanish Speaking Countries
Spanish teachers who…
- loves sharing cultural festivals, holidays, and important festivities with your students
- enjoys presenting these celebrations, but can’t find the time to research each and every one
- wants to include more cultural activities and discussions in the classroom
- sees your students engaged and enjoying these cultural topics
- looks to fulfill any cultural requirements or standards your curriculum includes
However, you also…
- lose track of all the holidays and when they happen
- spend hours searching for the activities and resources to share, for just one holiday or lesson
- then the Speaking Latino’s Cultural Calendar resolves all of that for you.
We have identified key dates for each country and found tools and resources you may share with your students about each unique, culturally important date. With one simple click, you can access a variety of resources for many of the holidays in seconds.
You will have access to an editable document that allows you to see the celebrations taking place in the Spanish-speaking world for every day throughout all the year. These include:
- Independence Days
- The Flag Days
- The Constitution Days
- World famous festivals
- Some religious festivals with important cultural expressions
- Popular local festivals and other important dates
We also include information about the celebrations. Many holidays are linked to a video, article, or infographic in Spanish. This allows you to quickly learn about the date, the cultural importance and decide if it is relevant for your students.
“Thank you! This is awesome! My first thoughts were to post it on my edline site and have my students click on the links as we approach the special days. Then give them some type of formative assessment to see what they have learned.” – Anna S.
Your students learn more about culture!
We have included more links and resources to 17 festivities that are identified with a special green icon. When you click on that date you are taken to a special page where we feature more videos, infographics, books, articles, and other activities.
The calendar took us over 40 hours to develop. This is time that you no longer must spend finding, researching the holidays, or even worrying about forgetting each holiday in the Spanish-speaking world. Plus, your students will love the exposure to new and diverse cultures. THIS IS WHAT CAN CREATE A PASSION FOR LEARNING SPANISH for your students.
We have never seen any calendar this complete, with over 80 holidays (and teaching resources) in one single location, easily accessible in seconds.
“Wow! This is an incredible resource for a first year Spanish teacher! Thank you so very much for the time and effort you put into compiling this!” – Theresa F.
Check out our list of Spanish Class Activities.