Spanish vocabulary changes significantly from one country to the next. Yet, few people learn about this until they are in a country, stumbling through the local Spanish.
Are you learning Spanish? Preparing to visit Puerto Rico? Or even just wanting to be more familiar with its specific slang and local words?
Speaking Boricua is the most in-depth, up-to-date source of Puerto Rican Spanish vocabulary available.
This best-selling Puerto Rican Spanish book, Speaking Boricua, is a humorous guide to Puerto Rican Spanish vocabulary. With over 1,500 Puerto Rican words and phrases, you will quickly understand Puerto Rican vocabulary and slang. Cartoon images illustrate a few of the words and phrases in an entertaining way. By using these words your Puerto Rican friends will understand you better. This book includes the vocabulary used daily by Puerto Ricans of all ages.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING…
With SPEAKING BORICUA: A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO PUERTO RICAN SPANISH words like tripear, chavos, revolú, mahón, zafacón, cafre and china will no longer be a mystery!
AVAILABLE IN OTHER FORMATS TOO!
Available in print paperback or eBook on:
IS THIS BOOK FOR YOU?
• you are sharing this book with kids
• you do not want to read or learn vulgar (yet commonly used) local language
• this book will be your only resource to learn Spanish (it is best used with resources and tools developed specifically to teach Spanish, this book will not teach you Spanish)
• you are just starting to learn Spanish
• you are moving to Puerto Rico
• you have family in Puerto Rico and want to communicate better
• you are Puerto Rican and want to express yourself better in English
• you already speak Spanish and want to improve your Puerto Rican Spanish
• you are traveling to Puerto Rico