Pedo is probably one of the most versatile words in Argentina. Pedo literally translates to "a fart," but colloquially it also has the meaning of "a problem." Here are some examples of Argentine slang phrases that use the word pedo.
1. a los pedos: extremely fast, in a hurry
2. al pedo: something useless, that didn’t need to be done, or that was a waste of time
3. cagar a pedos: 1) to scold someone 2) to tell someone off
4. de pedo: by luck, by chance
5. del año del pedo: extremely old
6. en pedo: 1) drunk, shit-faced, plastered 2) nuts, crazy
7. estar al pedo: to idle about, have nothing important to do, to hang out, chill out, screwing off, wasting time, farting around
8. estar al pedo como timbre de bóveda/avión: to be worthless, to not do anything
9. ni en pedo: No way! Out of the question! Forget it!
10. salir en un pedo: to head out quickly
11. tener un pedo bárbaro: to be really drunk
Infographic: 11 Argentine Spanish Phrases With PEDO
For more Argentina Spanish words and phrases, check out the slang dictionary Speaking Argento: A Guide to Spanish from Argentina.
Check out these other Argentina Spanish Slang Expressions articles.