One of the first things you will notice while traveling to different Spanish-speaking countries is that common words are not the same. This happens, for example, with clothing words in Spanish. Here we have listed 21 particular Chile Spanish words related to clothing. There are obviously more words, but these are the ones we thought will make you scratch your head trying to figure out what they mean.
This list is presented in a “flash card power point format” that you can download, print or embed in your website. This set of words is part of the Quick Vocabulary Tables of the book Speaking Chileno: A Guide to Spanish from Chile.
Chile Spanish Words: Clothing Words Flashcards
Feel free to grab the HTML code to embed this presentation on your website!
List of Chile Spanish Words: Clothing Words in Spanish
These are all the words included in the presentation flash cards:
1. abuelaless: granny style women’s underwear
2. andar a lo gringo: going commando, to not wear underwear
3. beatle: a turtleneck shirt
4. buzo: sweatpants
5. chala: a sandal
6. chaleco: an open type of sweater, similar or the same as a cardigan
7. chomba: sweater
8. chupalla: a straw hat used by huasos
9. colaless: G-string underwear, a thong.
10. colleras: cuff links, other Spanish words are gemelos and yuntas
11. hilo dental: a G-string, V-string or any other type of tiny underwear.
12. montgomery: a rain overcoat
13. polera: a t-shirt
14. poncho: a wool blanket used by huasos as a type of jacket
15. slip: men’s underwear, specifically briefs
16. sostén: a bra, other words used in Spanish are corpiño and brassiere
17. tato: shoe
18. terno: a business suit
19. tillas: tennis shoes, short for zapatillas
20. vestón: a formal jacket, also a jacket used by students as part of their uniform
21. zunga: 1) a Speedo type men’s bathing suit 2) underwear briefs
Check out these other Chile Spanish Slang Word articles.