Check out what’s inside the Spanish Teachers Community to celebrate Earth Week in the Spanish classroom.
• 6 Earth Day Spanish Class Activities – Check out this list of activities and instructions for beginner, intermediate and advanced students.
• Environmental Issues in Spanish Speaking Countries Sub-Plan – By the end of this activity, students will have researched geographical information about a specific Spanish-speaking country, while learning about environmental issues that impact that particular country. Students will also develop prepare a presentation of their findings, in Spanish and English, to practice their writing and speaking skills.
• Spanish Song Agua para la vida by Shaka y Dres Cloze Activity – This is what Spanish teacher Janet W. said about this activity: “So wonderful to find a source of Earth Day-related school-appropriate content. I especially appreciate the multiple versions, so the teacher can choose which works best for any particular level/section. Thank you!”
• Relative Pronouns: The Environment Lesson Plan – In this lesson, students learn about the relative pronouns and use the environment vocabulary to practice. They will use the instructions of several eco-friendly projects to create an oral presentation using relative pronouns. They will also play a game in pairs where they join two sentences using relative pronouns.
• Present Subjunctive with Expressions of Doubt: Environment and Environment Issues and Solutions Lesson Plan – By the end of this lesson, students can describe common environmental issues and the challenges that we face and use common expressions of doubt and possibility to describe current circumstances, especially with the present subjunctive.
• Present Subjunctive with Conjunctions: Caring for the Environment, Endangered Animals Lesson Plan – By the end of this lesson, students can identify and understand common expressions related to the topics of environment and endangered animals. They will also understand when the present subjunctive is being used in combination with certain
expressions to signify certain nuances.