1. Lesson Plan – Gender of Nouns, Definite and Indefinite Articles – Classroom Objects, School Supplies [MEMBERS] – Through reviewing two educational videos, students will learn that nouns in Spanish have a gender (masculine or feminine); number (singular or plural) and that the article should match both. Then, after viewing an authentic music video, students will acquire and review classroom activity vocabulary which will be used to create and record a music video of their own.
2. Lesson Plan – Gender of Spanish Nouns – A quick lesson plan to identify nouns that are masculine or feminine and tell which article to use for definite and indefinite, singular and plural.
3. Lesson Plan – Gender and Number of Nouns, Introduction to Articles [MEMBERS] – Through viewing a video on the concept, teacher instruction, and a game, students will learn how to identify and change the gender and number of nouns in Spanish.
4. Lesson – Gender of Spanish Nouns – A detailed online lesson. It contains a grammar section, a vocabulary section, two Youtube videos and a couple of questions to practice what you have learned.
5. Lesson Plan – Gender and Nouns in Spanish: Exceptions to the Rules [MEMBERS] – By the end of this activity, students will have learned that exceptions exist for the rules that guide gender and nouns in Spanish. A memory activity will help them remember a group of nouns that adhere to the exceptions.
6. Video – El género masculino y femenino en español – A video in Spanish about the gender of nouns. Includes an online practice.
7. Presentation – Gender and Number of Nouns in Spanish – Definite and Indefinite Articles – An extensive presentation in English that teaches the gender and number of nouns and the definite and indefinite articles. Includes many examples and also explains rules exceptions.
8. Handout – Gender of Non-people Nouns Chart – Gender of nouns rules presented in a chart format. Includes examples of words in Spanish that change meaning with gender. Excellent resource to print and use as a handout.
9. Worksheet – Gender and Number of Nouns Worksheet – Printable worksheet with 32 fill in the blanks exercises to complete. Includes answer key.
10. Practice – Nouns and Gender – A great way to practice or assess the lesson. This online test consists in selecting the correct definite article for each word. It has 100 questions and a button to check the results.
11. Spanish Song – La foto de los dos by Carlos Vives – Gender of Nouns, Definite Articles, Furniture Vocabulary [MEMBERS] – Includes a cloze activity that highlights the nouns in the lyrics. Students use these nouns to assign them a gender and the corresponding article. There is a cultural activity included where they learn about Mompox (Colombian town featured in the video) and the Colombian sombrero vueltiao.