Do you want to show appreciation to your Spanish teacher? Here are several suggestions that your Spanish teacher will simply love. The following ideas will work well as gifts for everything from Teacher’s Day to the end of the school year and even holidays.
Photo Credit: Antojos Colombianos Gift Set
Group gifts for Spanish teachers
1. Gift basket
If the whole class is involved and contributing, it is possible to put together a large gift. For example: create a gift basket that represents many Spanish-speaking countries.
Things that you may include are:
• Chocolate: from Mexico or Costa Rica
• Hot sauce: from Mexico
• Coffee: From the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico or Colombia.
• Cheese: like manchego from Spain
• Sweets: like alfajores from Argentina
• Olives or olive oil: from Spain
• Plantain chips: from the Caribbean
• A Spanish teacher mug
• A Putumayo CD with a collection of Latin music
• Latin cookbook
If you don’t wish to buy everything separately, I found that there are also ready-made gourmet baskets that you can order online. For example: the Danita Delimont baskets that come with the some edibles - a combination of coffee, chocolate and a biscotti cookie - plus a mug and four coasters. The nice thing is that the photos on the mug and coasters are available in hundreds of options, featuring almost all Hispanic countries. This can be a great gift for a Spanish teacher with a family heritage from: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain, Uruguay and Venezuela
Single Ideas for Spanish teacher gifts
2. Putumayo CD With Music From Latin America
I mentioned Putumayo before as a component of a gift basket. But this may also count as a single gift. Putumayo has many options featuring music for a specific country or collections from Latin America.
Here are the best rated:
• Putumayo's music collection from: Cuba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Mexico, Spain and Argentina (Tango).
• ¡Salsa!: "If you are looking for latin dance music or just energizing music-- this is a great choice."
• Latin Beat: "A nice, multi-textured mix of traditional Latin dance styles -- son, cumbia, reggae, flamenco -- mixed with traces of dancetronica, funk, pop, hip-hop and rock."
• Rumba Flamenco: "It is a great compilation of Flamenco Music with relatively unknown / commercial artists. You must get it! It makes a great backdrop to any party, it will bring the gypsy out of you."
• Women of Latin America: "Putumayo has supplied a short-list of emerging stars; the voices heard on this album are uniformly splendid and worthy of deeper exploration."
• Latin Jazz: "Putumayo's Latin Jazz is an excellent sampler of the genre,beginning with a 1957 song from Machito and Cannonball Adderley, and ending with a track from the Latin Jazz Grammy winning Brian Lynch/Eddie Palmieri Project. It's as sweet as Cuban rum,as spicy as mojo sauce-this compilation has mojo."
|3. The Spanish Teacher Barbie
Many adults are still fans of the Barbie doll and they enjoy collecting them. The Spanish Teacher Barbie is bilingual and talks! She can speak sixty words and phrases in both English and Spanish.
Mattel also has Barbie dolls from these Spanish-speaking countries: Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Spain, Peru and Puerto Rico.
|4. An Inspirational Book in Spanish
The gift of a book is always welcome and greatly appreciated. Here are a couple of inspirational choices:
• Con lápices y tizas de colores: El maravilloso reto de la enseñanza
• Sopa de Pollo Para el Alma Latina: Also available in English as Chicken Soup for the Latino Soul.
• Una Manzana Para mi Maestro: Also available in English as An Apple for My Teacher.
|5. Tote bags
A teacher must carry student’s work both to and from home. A nice bag will help the teacher do this with aplomb! There are several companies on the Internet that allow for custom prints to be made, so feel free to pick out an image that will be greatly appreciated!
MORE DESIGNS »
Funny gifts for Spanish teachers
6. Coffee mugs
There are several coffee mugs with coffee mugs with messages directed to Spanish teachers. There are humorous ones like “During the day I dress up like a Spanish teacher,” or more traditional phrases such as “World’s Best Spanish Teacher.”
MORE OPTIONS »
|7. T-shirt with a funny message
In the same train of thought as the coffee mugs, there are many more t-shirts with funny messages for Spanish teachers.
MORE DESIGNS »
|8. Brach’s Conversational Hearts with Spanish Sayings
A sweet gift for a Spanish teacher! The heart-shaped candies include phrases in Spanish like: un beso, ¿qué tal?, genio, hola, amigo, dale, todo bien and ídolo among others.
TAKE A LOOK »
Small but memorable gifts for Spanish teachers
9. Spanish mini posters
Take a look at this set by Teacher Discovery that includes the Spanish Classroom Mantra and Your Students in Spanish.
PREVIEW EACH POSTER »
|10. Laser engraved name plate
A personalized gift for all teachers!
LEARN MORE »
|11. Inspirational quotes in Spanish for the bulletin board or windows.
PREVIEW EACH QUOTE »
|12. Bananagrams game in Spanish
The Bananagrams game is available in Spanish and includes the additional alphabet letters needed: ñ, rr, ch and ll.
TAKE A LOOK »
If you are not sure
13. Gift Card
If you are not sure what gift is ideal for your Spanish teacher, you can never go wrong with a gift card. There are gifts card with teacher themes and they can even use them to buy things for the class. Many times teachers put their own money to buy materials that the school doesn’t provide and this can be a nice way to help them.
PICK A DESIGN »
For more gifts ideas for your Spanish teacher check out my next article 10 Gifts For Spanish Teachers They Can Use In Class.
10 Gifts For Spanish Teachers They Can Use In Class
Check out these other articles for Spanish Teachers.