This article is part of the series Top 5 Spanish Slang Words Searched on Google where we feature a full list of examples for:
18 Examples of Spanish Slang for White Person
Spanish slang for white person is the third suggestion that Google gives you when you type in the phrase “Spanish slang for” in the search box. That makes it one of the most popular Spanish slang requests and here are some examples and the countries that use them. It is important to mention that many of these terms are not in the least bit insulting. It’s just like calling someone “Red” or “Blondie”.
1. babeco: Colombia
2. blancón or blancona: Peru and Bolivia
3. blanconazo: in Cuba is a white mulatto
4. blanquito: in Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic is whitey, a reference to a snobby, stuck up person.
5. canche: in Guatelama and El Salvador a white and blond person
6. catire or catira: in Venezuela, Peru and Colombia is a blond white person
7. chele: in Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala a white and blond person
8. chelón or chelona: in Guatelama, Honduras and El Salvador is a white and blond person
9. choco or choca: Bolivia
10. como culo e’ monja: Venezuela
11. crudo: in Peru, a person with pale skin, not tanned
12. gasparín: in Chile, literally Casper the Friendly Ghost, means light-skinned, extremely white.
13. jincho: Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic
14. jipato or jipata: in Dominican Republic, Honduras, Nicaragua, Cuba, parts of Colombia and Bolivia is a pale
15. jojoto or jojota: in Dominican Republic is an insulting term for a pale skin person
16. musiú: in Venezuela is used to make reference to a white foreigner from non Spanish-speaking countries
17. pantruca: Chile
18. pote ‘e leche: Puerto Rico, literally “a can of milk”
Do you know any other words for white person in Spanish?
Check out these other Spanish Slang Word articles.