CAGAR: The Second Most Important Chile Spanish Slang Word
Certain words in a country turn out to be words that are heard daily, hourly and sometimes even every few minutes. Since these words are a fundamental part of the local language, learning them will quickly expand your vocabulary. They also have the added benefit of making you sound more like a local. HUEVEAR: The Most Important Chilean Spanish Slang Word post explains one of those words with its numerous variations. The Chilean use of CAGAR is another one of those words and may be considered the second-most extensive word in Chile.
Here are several variations although there are many more uses just in Chile, not to mention other meanings that may exist in other countries. All these sayings are included in my book Speaking Chileno: A Guide to Spanish from Chile.
13 Idiomatic Expressions With The Second Most Important Chile Spanish Slang Word
1. A cagar: to the end, all out, all the way
2. A cagar no más: damn the consequences
3. Cagado: stingy, tight-fisted
4. Cagado de la risa: dying of laughter, laughing your ass off
5. Cagado del mate: nuts, screwed in the head
6. Cagar: 1) to take a shit, 2) to be amazed by something, 3) to fuck someone over, 4) to be fucked up, really messed up, 5) nuts, off your rocker, 6) screwed, over with.
7. Cagarla: The most common use of this term is la cagó which may mean you screwed it up or you did it excellently, depending on the context.
8. Cagaste: you missed your chance
9. Estar cagado: 1) fucked, in trouble, 2) scared shitless
10. Ir a cagarse: to tell someone to fuck off
11. Ni cagando: no fucking way
12. Quedar la cagada: to be a messed up or fucked up situation
13. Si la cago me avisas: when you know for sure that you screwed up. If you want to sound really local, say avisai (as in av-is-eye).
Do you know of any other Chilean usages?
Check out these other Chile Spanish Slang Word articles.