Mastering Techniques for Language Teaching to Tackle Lack of Time, Limited Resources, and Diverse Classrooms!
As language teachers, we all aim to make our students fluent and confident, but the path there is often full of hurdles.
From choosing the best teaching methods to grasping the varied learning styles of students…
…navigating the world of language teaching and the available strategies can be incredibly overwhelming.
The big obstacles? Lack of time, not enough materials, and dealing with students who are all different!
But it doesn’t have to be so challenging!
What if we told you the fastest way to become a great language teacher is to learn from those who’ve been there? Take their success strategies and resources to speed up your journey!
The best part… it’s not hard to do!
You just need the right tips and tricks. And our panel of experts will show you the way!
Fall 2023 World Language Teacher Summit Conference Agenda
Explore Time-Saving AI Tools, Effective CI Techniques & Innovative Teaching Strategies To Supercharge Student Engagement
Day 1 – October 23rd
From reimagining curriculum in your Spanish classroom to exploring innovative unit design models and creating student-led events, you’ll also delve into grade-less assessment methods, differentiation for post-pandemic learners, and practical AI-powered activities to engage language students.
- UnBleach Your Curriculum in Your Spanish Classroom by Jenniffer Whyte
- Reimagine Unit Design: 5E Model of Instruction & 21st Century Skills by Chelsea Lawrence
- A Simple Roadmap to Creating a Student-Led Event with Sub-committees by Esther Galo
- Going Grade-less by Jennifer Carter
- Meet Them Where They Are: Differentiation for the Post-Pandemic Learner by Elisa Kirschhoffer and Maureen Lamb
- Practical Activities to Engage Language Students with AI by Fanest Coronado
Day 2 – October 24th
Join us on Day 2 for a focus on innovative language instruction. From literature circles and storytelling to writing excitement and student-centered learning strategies, this set offers a comprehensive toolkit for language educators. Dive into the art of engaging students with compelling literature, fostering creative expression, and cultivating a love for language through various engaging methodologies.
- Literature Circles in the World Language Classroom by Amanda Williams
- Storytelling in the Language Classroom by Andrea Olatunji
- Using Picture Talk for Engaging Comprehensible Input in Spanish Class by Eliana Peñaranda
- A Recipe for Writing: Getting Students Excited about Writing (And Sharing) in the Target Language! by Eric Richards
- Designing In-Class Flips for Student-Centered Learning by Martha Ramírez
- Sustained Reading in the World Language Classroom by Dawn George
Day 3 – October 25th
From establishing effective classroom routines and utilizing engaging gallery walks to supporting heritage speakers and incorporating cultural comprehension, these sessions provide valuable tools for you. Explore creative methods for motivating even the most apathetic students and insights into strategies for encouraging student participation and communication in the target language.
- Classroom Routines by Allison Wienhold
- Gallery Walk in the Language Class: All About Student Engagement by Claudia Elliott
- 10 Easy Ways to Support Heritage Speakers in Your Classroom by Kristin Montgomery
- Cultural Comprehensible Input by Rebecca Balus
- Creative Ways to Reach Apathetic Students Leading Them to Near-Native Fluency for Elementary, Middle, and High School by Trisha McMurray
- How to Get Students to Speak in the Target Language by Rachel Lucas
Day 4 – October 26th
Today’s sessions delve into the exciting realm of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in language education, allowing you to explore various AI tools and technologies that can be harnessed for enhanced language teaching and learning, whether you are utilizing AI tools for students or enhancing your teaching methods.
- AI Tools Language Teachers Must Try by Bertha Delgadillo
- Artificial Intelligence – New Era Technology for Use in the WL Classroom by Christopher Dabb
- Taking the Technology Turn: Integrating Artificial Intelligence into World Language Classrooms by Dr. Jerry L. Parker
- Possibilities and Practicalities of ChatGPT in Language Teaching and Learning by Joe Dale
- AI for CI: Student Edition by Maureen Lamb
- AI for CI: Teacher Edition by Maureen Lamb
Day 5 – October 27th
Explore project-based learning as a dynamic approach to language acquisition and gain insights into common mistakes made by foreign language teachers. Delve into the unique perspective of learning Spanish through Latin American women’s voices and learn practical strategies for getting started with differentiation in the language classroom. Finally, focus on personal well-being, addressing the essential topic of achieving work-life balance.
- Project-Based Learning in Language Acquisition by Meera Acharekar
- Mistakes Foreign Language Teachers Make by Jazz Cole
- Learning Spanish Through Latin American Women’s Voices by Adriana Ramírez
- Getting Started with Differentiation in the Language Class by Lynda Taylor
- Balancing Your Life: Aiming for Work-Life Balance by Ruth Valle