1. Quick and simple kick off worksheet to introduce and discuss the history of Cinco de Mayo based on an online video in English. Link provided.
2. A power point presentation to introduce 24 vocabulary words about Cinco de Mayo in Spanish using illustrations and pronunciation audio clips by a native speaker.
3. A printable handout with the full list of 24 vocabulary words with English translations.
4. Printable poster in 3 sizes that illustrate many of the most important vocabulary words.
5. A handout version of the posters for your students.
6. An English to Spanish translation crossword puzzle where your students translate the English word to fill in the crossword with the correct Spanish word. Includes answer key.
7. A word search in two versions: with Spanish word list and with an English word list to translate. Includes answer key.
8. A word jumble activity where your students (individually or in a small group) write the letters of a word in the correct order. Includes answer key.
9. La Batalla del 5 Mayo Spanish Song Clozeline Activity. Integrates an authentic resource to review the vocabulary in context and learn more about the key historical figures of the Cinco de Mayo.
10. A reading comprehension activity that summarizes the history of Cinco de Mayo in Spanish with useful vocabulary to follow the reading easily and reading comprehension questions. Plus, you can use the audio versions included to practice listening comprehension. Answer key included.
Check out our list of Spanish Class Activities.