Aligning your district’s curriculum map with our lesson plans can be accomplished and here’s how you can maximize the utility of our resources within the framework of your district’s requirements.
Many districts base their standards on ACTFL, and our lesson plans are aligned with the ACTFL standards. These standards are identified at the beginning of each lesson plan.
Aligning Your District’s Curriculum Map
- Review District Curriculum: Start by thoroughly reviewing your district’s curriculum guidelines for the level. Identify the key topics, themes, skills, and learning objectives that your students are expected to cover over the course of the year. This will serve as your roadmap for aligning our resources.
- Cross-Reference Lesson Plans: Take a closer look at our lesson plans and materials. Look for lessons that correspond to the topics and objectives outlined in your district’s curriculum map. You might find that certain lessons align directly, while others can be adapted or supplemented to match your curriculum’s focus. Use the Lesson Plan Schedule here.
- Modify and Customize: Our lesson plans are designed to be versatile. Feel free to modify and customize the plans to better fit the pacing and sequencing of your district’s curriculum. You can adjust the order of lessons, integrate additional activities, or omit content that your district doesn’t cover. For example, check the editable Pacing Guide for Spanish 1.
- Use Supplementary Materials: If you come across topics in your district’s curriculum that aren’t fully addressed by our lesson plans, consider supplementing them with additional materials. This could be songs, scaffolded activities, cultural presentations included inside the membership or any other that you may have used in the past.
- Adapt Assessments: Align assessments and tests with the specific learning outcomes outlined in your district’s curriculum. You can modify our assessment materials or create your own to match the content and skills your students are expected to demonstrate. Each lesson plan includes an assessment and there’s a final exam question bank for each level.
- Engage with the Community: Don’t hesitate to reach out to our teacher community for guidance and support. Many of our members have experience aligning their curriculum or using a textbook along with our resources and can offer valuable insights and tips.
Free Spanish Lesson Plans to Check Out!
If you are not a member of the Spanish Teachers Community yet you can download our free lesson plans, scaffolded activities, and presentations here.