Every Spanish-speaking country has its own set of common words for specific topics. It is important to familiarize and know these while traveling abroad. Even if you are a native Spanish-speaker you might find some words completely new for you.
Here is a list of 20 Argentina Spanish clothing words. They are presented in a "flashcard power point format" that you can download, print or embed in your website. This set of words is part of the Quick Vocabulary Tables of the book Speaking Argento: A Guide to Spanish from Argentina.
Argentina Spanish Clothing Words with Flashcards
List of Argentina Spanish Words: Clothing Terms in Spanish
1. alpargatas: kind of gaucho footwear made of knitted rope, canvas and an elastic opening on the upper side
2. bombacha: a woman’s panties
3. bragueta: zipper
4. campera: an informal jacket, for example a windbreaker, generally with a zipper
5. chabomba: a woman’s panties, the inverse of bombacha
6. chancleta: any type of open shoe, sandal, etc.
7. chinelas: a type of shoe or slipper with a soft base that is most often used at home, for example, slippers
8. chomba: a polo shirt
9. cierre: zipper
10. corpiño: a bra
11. jardinero: overalls, made from jeans, generally worn with a t-shirt
12. lienzos: men’s underwear
13. lompas: pants
14. los lompa: pants
15. malla: a bathing suit
16. mameluco: one-piece overalls, typically used, for instance, by mechanics
17. mañanita: a shawl
18. pollera: a skirt
19. tamangos: rustic shoes
20. tanga: a g-string
Check out these other Argentina Spanish Slang Word articles.