1. Explain the Cinco de Mayo History to Students in the United States [VIDEO and PDF] – A short History Channel video explains Cinco de Mayo in English. Download the free PDF with the questions we created to assess your students’ understanding.
2. Cinco de Mayo Vocabulary Printables [MEMBERS ONLY] – A complete set of 10 activities to learn the Cinco de Mayo vocabulary. Includes a song activity, worksheets, games, a reading and a power point presentation.
3. Cinco De Mayo: A Celebration of Mexican Heritage [VIDEO] – A 3-minute video in English. Great to introduce the background history of Cinco de Mayo.
4. Cinco de Mayo Study Guide [PDF] – Lesson created by the History Channel. Includes discussion questions and extended activities.
5. Curious Facts About Cinco de Mayo [PRINTABLE POSTERS] – These posters features 5 facts about Cinco de Mayo in Spanish and English.
6. Cinco de Mayo: Elementary Grades Beginners Bundle [PDF] – Lesson for the little ones. Includes seven activities.
7. Survival Spanish Guide to Mexican Street Food [ARTICLE] – Food is one important element in the Cinco de Mayo celebration. This article lists 5 misconceptions about traditional Mexican dishes.
8. Cinco de Mayo Kahoot! Game – All your students play at the same time! Your students use their smartphones, tablets or computers to answer 15 questions about the history of Cinco de Mayo. Ideal as a final review of the lesson. You need to create a free Kahoot! account to access.
9. Celebra Cinco De Mayo Con Un Jarabe Tapatio / Celebrate Cinco De Mayo With the Mexican Hat Dance [STORY BOOK] – “As students prepare to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, they practice a Mexican dance and try their best not to step on the hat. Includes an informative section about Cinco de Mayo.”
10. Mexican Independence Day and Cinco de Mayo [BOOK] – “Provides background on the people and events that are commemorated on two important Mexican holidays, Independence Day and Cinco de Mayo, and describes how these holidays are celebrated. Students like it especially because it has a lot of pictures and provides good information without too many words.”
11. Cinco de Mayo Trivia or Webquest [PRINTABLE] – This 20 question trivia will cause students to question their knowledge about cinco de mayo. Some questions are history-based, and others are fun facts.
12. I Spy Cinco de Mayo [PRINTABLE GAME] – Super fun way to learn about Cinco de Mayo. Students play in groups or individually.
13. Cinco de Mayo Activities [LIST OF RESOURCES] – Awesome list of resources that includes books, songs, infographics and more!
14. 8 Cinco de Mayo Spanish Class Activities [ACTIVITIES] – A list of activity ideas that you can do in class to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.