1. Activities – Juego para enseñar aumentativos y diminutivos a los niños – A simple game to teach the students how to use diminutives and augmentatives in Spanish. Students pretend to be magicians and use their powers to transform words into diminutive or augmentative according to their desire.
2. Lesson – Aumentativo / Diminutivo – This lesson includes printable PDF files with examples. For elementary students.
3. Video – How to form Spanish Diminutives (diminutivos) using -ito or –illo – A quick video explaining how to transform nouns to make them smaller by adding a suffix to them (-ito and -illo).
4. Video – Spanish Augmentative and Diminutive suffixes – A short video about how to use diminutives and augmentatives in Spanish.
5. Video – Spanish Ask a Teacher with Rosa – What are Augmentatives? – This is a short video explaining what augmentatives suffixes are and how to use them in Spanish.
6. Video – Why do Latin Americans Love Using Diminutives? – Practice with us! – Diminutives are an important part of Latin American conversations. This video explains why Latin Americans love using diminutives and how to use them in Spanish.
7. Worksheet – Argumentativos y diminutivos – The students have to identify the augmentatives and diminutives in a few exercises. In addition, they have to write the augmentatives and diminutives for some simple words.
9. Worksheet – Aumentativos y Diminutivos – A 1-page worksheet with four exercises to practice augmentatives and diminutives in Spanish.
10. Song – Cloze Ricky Martin – La mordidita – Diminutives [MEMBERS] – This activity includes three cloze versions, full song lyrics, short artist bio, link to YouTube video and answer key.