1. Lesson Plan – Past Subjunctive SI Clauses: Family Heritage [MEMBERS] – By the end of this lesson, students learn to formulate improbable conditions with imperfect subjunctive and vocabulary about family history. Includes an oral activity using authentic resources and a downloadable presentation.
2. Lesson Plan – Present and Past Subjunctive with Doubt: Archeological Terms (Los Mayas) [MEMBERS] – Students learn about the archeology vocabulary with an authentic video and infographic of the Mayan Empire. They also use a text to learn about the Present and Past Subjunctive with expressions of doubt and images to create sentences using the vocabulary and the Subjunctive moods learned.
3. Lesson Plan – Present vs Past Subjunctive: Talking About Soccer [MEMBERS] – Students use an infographic to learn about the soccer vocabulary in Spanish and watch an authentic video about what could have happened if Messi (Argentine soccer star) would have been Mexican. Then, they study the presentation Present vs. Past Subjunctive and do an oral exercise using what they have just learned in class.
4. Lesson – The Spanish Past Subjunctive – Includes the uses of the past subjunctive and how to form it. You can incorporate this information into your lesson.
5. Lesson -The Imperfect Subjunctive – This online lesson includes all the details about the imperfect subjunctive for your students to review the uses and conjugation.
5. Video – Past Subjunctive: How to form (conjugate) verbs in Imperfect Subjunctive – This 6-minute video explains how to conjugate verbs in the past subjunctive (imperfect subjunctive) in both the ra and se endings.
6. Video – The Past Subjunctive – A 19-minute video lesson about the past subjunctive. Includes when to use it and how to form it.
7. Conjugation Chart – Past Subjunctive AR – Can be printed and used as a handout. Includes some examples to use as a review.
8. Conjugation Chart – Past Subjunctive ER IR – Can be printed and used as a handout. Includes some examples to use as a review.
10. Presentation – Present vs Past Subjunctive [MEMBERS] – Show the differences between the present and the past subjunctive forms. Here you will find some examples and a quick class practice.
11. Presentation – Past Subjunctive and SI Clauses [MEMBERS] – This is a short presentation showing how to build sentences using the past subjunctive form. This presentation studies the sentence “Si estuviera en tu caso pediría la nacionalidad española”, using it as an example to explain this topic.
12. Worksheet – El imperfecto del subjuntivo, el pretérito y el imperfecto – Two-part printable worksheet where students conjugate a list of verbs in the preterite and past subjunctive and an exercise where they complete sentences with the correct verb in the past subjunctive.
13. Spanish Song – Heroe by Enrique Iglesias: Past Subjunctive and Infinitive Verbs [MEMBERS] – This activity includes three cloze versions, full song lyrics, short artist bio, link to Youtube video and answer key.
14. Spanish Song – Sembrando flores by Los cojolites – In this activity, students practice using the imperfect subjunctive in indirect speech, including a writing prompt to add verses to the song.