1. Lesson Plan – The Progressive Aspect – Estar + gerund – “This lesson is designed to increase students’ awareness of what the progressive aspect is and how English and Spanish form the progressive. It also explains when speakers of English and Spanish use it — or don’t use it.”
2. Video – Mr. Bean: A Fun Way to Teach Present Continuous (Present Progressive) – This activity was originally created for English students, but it can be used for Spanish students since Mr. Bean shows are mostly silent. Students work in pairs; one student describes what’s happening on the video using the Present Progressive.
3. Presentation – Present Progressive [MEMBERS] – Short presentation in Spanish that teaches the use of the present progressive and how to use gerunds to form it.
4. Song – Trabajando – Spanish Present Progressive – A fun song using the melody of Lady Gaga’s Alejandro to explain the changes in the verb endings.
5. Worksheet – Present Progressive – A 3-part worksheet to practice the Present Progressive starting from identifying the Present Participle of a set of verbs, completing sentences with the form and changing sentences from the Present to the Present Progressive.
6. Cloze Activity – Chayanne feat. Jennifer Lopez – Dame – Present and Present Progressive [MEMBERS] – Includes three cloze versions, lyrics, artist bio and link to the song video.
7. Cloze Activity – Paulina Rubio – Algo de ti – Present and Present Progressive [MEMBERS] – Includes three cloze versions, lyrics, artist bio and link to the song video.
8. Quiz – Interactive Quizzes with Present Progressive – Two quick quizzes to help students practice present progressive. Each one includes the answers so students can correct themselves.
9. Quiz – Present Progressive Online – A 5-part quiz to complete online. In the first part students select the correct form of the verb estar. Then, they continue to identify the Present Participle of a set of regular and irregular verbs as well as other verbs with orthographic changes. Finally, they write 10 sentences using the Present Progressive using the verbs from the quiz.