1. Lesson Plan – Present Stem-Changing Verbs [MEMBERS ONLY] – At the end of this activity, students will be clear on the use of irregular stem-changing verbs in the present tense. Students will know how to identify them and use them accurately. First, students revise the irregular stem-changing verbs in the present with a the song Pero me acuerdo de ti by Christina Aguilera. Then, students use this knowledge and put them into practice through a role-play activity.
2. Lesson Plan – Present Tense Stem-Changing Verbs PODER and DORMIR [MEMBERS ONLY] – Students learn about these stem-changing verbs with a presentation and/or handout. They use two authentic texts to practice these verbs and the food vocabulary. In the final oral activity, they work in pairs to create a skit based on situations provided. A downloadable presentation is included.
3. Lesson Plan – Stem-Changing Verbs PENSAR, QUERER, PREFERIR: Clothing and Numbers 200 to 1000 [MEMBERS ONLY] – Students review the stem-changing verbs and the teacher introduces this set of verbs that they work with. They review the clothing vocabulary with an educational video and learn about the numbers using authentic infographics. They do an oral practice using real online information from a retail store. A downloadable presentation is included.
4. Video – How to use stem changing verbs in Spanish – A short animated video about how to use stem changing verbs in Spanish. Ideal to introduce the topic in class. It shows beginner students easy instructions of how to build sentences in this tense.
5. Video – Stem-changing Verbs in the Present Tense – A 14-minute video lesson that explains the conjugation of the stem-changing verbs. It includes a brief review of what is a stem.
6. Video – Spanish Present Tense Stem Changes – A great 7-minute lesson. This video is ideal if you prefer a shorter lesson about stem-changing verbs in the present.
7. Presentation – The Present Tense of Stem Changing Verbs – A PowerPoint showing the “boot” or “shoe” verbs and how to build sentences with them in the present tense.
8. Presentation – Stem-Changing Verbs in the Present Tense – A complete presentation that explains how stem-changing verbs are conjugated in the present tense. It includes a basic review of the verb conjugations.
9. Handout – Stem-changing Verbs Present Tense – A 2-page handout that students can use as reference. Includes a list of common stem-changing verbs and the “boot” diagram.
10. Worksheet – Stem-Changing Verbs E-ie O-ue – A guided worksheet that uses examples to summarize the stem-changing verbs by their endings followed by a practice for students.
11. Worksheet – Stem Changing Verbs – A worksheet and note taker for students to understand the stem-changing verbs. Includes a fill-in-the-blank practice.
12. Spanish Song – Limón y sal by Julieta Venegas Cloze Activiy [MEMBERS ONLY] – This activity includes three cloze versions, full song lyrics, short artist bio, link to YouTube video and answer key.
13. Spanish Song – One, Two, Three, Go by Belanova Cloze Activity [MEMBERS ONLY] – This activity includes three cloze versions, full song lyrics, short artist bio, link to YouTube video and answer key.