1. Lesson Plan – Preterite Regular Verbs AR ER IR – Running Errands and Locations in Town [MEMBERS] – The vocabulary is presented using an authentic video in Spanish. They will learn about the preterite of regular verbs with a guided presentation and practice using a real errand service price guide from Spain.
2. Lesson Plan – Preterite Tense, Regular Verbs – A 3 to 5-day lesson where students will be able to conjugate regular verbs in the preterite tense and provide English and Spanish translations of sentences.
3. Lesson – Preterite Lesson – Integrate the information of this page into your lesson plan. It has a detailed explanation of the way that the verbs have to be conjugated in preterite. Also it has a small list of flashcards of the “ar”, “er”, “ir” verbs.
4. Lesson – Uses of the Preterite – Great summary of the uses of the preterite with examples. It also review the conjugation pattern.
5. Lesson – Preterite Tense Forms Lesson – Use the information of this page into your lesson plan. Includes the conjugation endings, how to distinguish between the present and past in the first person plural (nosotros), irregular verbs, and the uses of the preterite.
6. Video – PRETERIT TENSE: An Introduction, Endings, Translations – A 4-minute video explanation about the conjugation in the past tense of the regular verbs.
7. Presentation – Preterite Regular Verbs AR ER IR [MEMBERS] – This presentation explains the use of the preterite and provides a list of expressions in Spanish that indicate when something happened in the past. It uses three verb examples to show the preterite conjugation pattern and also exceptions.
8. Handout – Notes the Preterite -AR,-ER, IR, Hacer and Ir – One-page notes for students with a summary of the preterite conjugation.
9. Poster and Handout – Preterite ER IR Verbs [MEMBERS] – This poster features the verbs comer and vivir to explain the preterite conjugation. Printable poster available in 3 sizes (letter, legal and tabloid). The letter size poster can be used as a handout for students.
10. Poster and Handout – Preterite AR Verbs [MEMBERS] – This poster features the verb cantar to explain the conjugation of the -AR verbs. It also shows the conjugation of the -CAR, -GAR and -ZAR with additional examples. Printable poster available in 3 sizes (letter, legal and tabloid). The letter size poster can be used as a handout for students.
11. Spanish Songs to Practice the Preterite [MEMBERS] – This list features all the song activities and clozeline available at the Speaking Latino Spanish Teacher Community to practice the preterite of regular and irregular verbs.