1. Lesson Plan – Spanish Speaking Countries [MEMBERS] – Students work in groups to learn basic facts about the Spanish speaking countries. They will create a collaborative board online and present it to the class.
2. Lesson Plan – Exploring the Continents: South America E-Book [MEMBERS] – At the end of the activity, students will have learned about the 9 Spanish-speaking countries in South America. They will also review the family and travel vocabulary in Spanish.
3. Article – ¿Cuál es el origen del nombre de cada país de América Latina? – A BBC article in Spanish that will be very interesting to explore with your students.
4. Article – ¿Cuál es el origen del nombre de las capitales de América Latina? – This BBC article in Spanish explores the origin of the names of the capital cities in Latin America.
5. Printables – Maps of Spanish-Speaking Countries – A set of maps to use in class to learn about the Spanish-speaking countries.
6. Posters – Scenes from Latin America and Spain [MEMBERS] – A set of 54 tabloid size (11″ x 17″) printable posters with scenes from Latin American and Spain. Organized by country.
7. Videos – Playlists for Spanish-speaking Countries [MEMBERS] – A total of 21 playlists with short videos in English (or subtitled) to introduce a Spanish-speaking country. These videos are ideal to use at the beginning of the school year, during Hispanic Heritage Month or even just throughout the year. The videos feature culture, history, traditions, geography facts, attractions, etc.
8. Presentation – Spanish-Speaking Countries: Where can I use this language? – Features key points of each Spanish-speaking country including the United States.
9. Project – Travel Brochure or Poster – Complete instructions for students to create a travel brochure about one Spanish-speaking country. They also prepare a presentation to use for their oral report.
10. Worksheet – Location of Spanish-Speaking Countries – Students use a map to answer questions (in English) about the locations of the Spanish-speaking countries.
11. Worksheet – Spanish-Speaking Countries – A blank notetaker for students to complete with the names of the Spanish-speaking countries and their capitals.
12. Resource – Spanish-Speaking Countries Cultural Calendar [MEMBERS] – The festivities of the Spanish Speaking Countries in one place! We have identified key dates for each country and found tools and resources you may share with your students about each unique, culturally important date. With one simple click, you can access a variety of resources for many of the holidays in seconds. All editable Word documents.
13. Spanish Song – La Gozadera by Gente de Zona ft Marc Anthony [MEMBERS] – Great song to practice Spanish-speaking country names. Includes three cloze versions, lyrics, artist bio and link to the song video.
14. Spanish Song – Muevete by Ruben Blades [MEMBERS] – This 30-page activity packet includes a cloze line activity, a bingo game, a map, and a group translation exercise.
15. Crafts – Hispanic Inspired Crafts for Kids – These fun projects for “kids” can be easily used with middle and high school students too.