Register for the World Language Teacher Summit for Spanish Teachers, a transformative 5-day free online event! Discover a unique and invaluable 16 hours of professional development dedicated to teaching Spanish language and culture.
This conference brings together a diverse group of experienced educators and teachers who share their expertise, insights, and innovative strategies to empower Spanish teachers with the knowledge and resources needed to excel in their roles and positively impact student learning experiences.
Don’t miss out on this must-attend event! Revitalize your teaching, explore the latest trends in language education, and foster meaningful connections with your students.
World Language Teacher Summit for Spanish Teachers Agenda and Speaker Lineup
Day 1 – March 8th, 2024 – MUSIC & MAGIC
Delve into innovative strategies like using passwords for classroom entry, integrating authentic music to engage students, exploring diverse Spanish-speaking cultures through music brackets, and incorporating drama techniques to foster language proficiency in elementary classrooms.
- The Magic of Passwords – Myra Johnson
- Moving and Grooving! Using Authentic Music – Noemí Rodríguez
- Music Brackets – Allison Wienhold
- The Magic of Drama in the Elementary Classroom (TPRS) – Carmen Reyes
- DIVERSITY IN ACTION: Cross-Cultural Studies in World Language Classes: Through the Lens of Black History Month – Allison Perryman
Day 2 – March 5th, 2024 – EMPOWERING STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
Explore strategies like using comprehensible input through reading materials, engaging students with adaptable listening activities, developing story-focused units for enhanced learning, utilizing AI tools for visual storytelling, and fostering student engagement and motivation through interactive and playful activities.
- CI Through Interpretive Reading … Then What? – Joshua Cabral
- One & Done – Andrea Nazelli
- Developing Story Focused Units to Enhance Student Success – Michelle Rojas
- Genial.ly and AI Creating Visual Stories – Jennifer Niño
- Engagement and Student Motivation – Norma Jones
- DIVERSITY IN ACTION: Uplifting Our Students’ Voices through Our Curriculum – Jennys McKinney
Day 3 – March 6th, 2024 – ACQUISITION
Experience the power of acquisition! Dive into strategies such as special person interviews to foster connections, integrating authentic resources for cultural competence, establishing sustainable teaching routines, creating community-centered environments, and using comprehensible poetry to engage students with Hispanic culture and language.
- Special Person Interviews – Bryce Hedstrom
- Integrating #authres in an ADI Classroom – Haylee Ziegler
- Making Language Teaching Sustainable – Claudia Elliott
- Putting the Pieces Together – Martha Cox-Stavros
- Using Comprehensible Poetry in the Spanish Classroom – Diego Ojeda
Day 4 – March 7th, 2024 – DIGITAL TOOLS
Delve into topics such as generational perspectives on AI in education, practical AI tools for language teaching, integrating mindfulness to combat digital distractions, and maximizing language learning through station-based activities. Explore innovative strategies to enhance teaching efficiency, student engagement, and attention skills in the digital age.
- Artificial Intelligence in Education: A Generational Perspective – Knikki Hernández
- AI Tools Language Teachers Must Try – Bertha Delgadillo
- Attention in the Digital Age – Fanest Coronado
- How to Make Stations Work for You – Erinn Vincent
- DIVERSITY IN ACTION: Linguistic Liberation and Queer Identities in the World Language Classroom – Timothy Chávez
Day 5 – March 8th, 2024 – DIVERSE VIEWS
Explore Ecuador’s rich cultural heritage, engage with WebQuests for teaching culture, trace Panama’s African roots, cultivate cultural awareness in the curriculum, and take the first steps towards equity in the language classroom. Gain insights, resources, and strategies to foster inclusivity, celebrate diversity, and create culturally responsive learning environments.
- ¡Qué viva Ecuador! – Regina O’Neal
- Long Live Ecuador! – Regina O’Neal
- Teaching Culture with Webquests – Jessica Hall
- Panama’s African Routes: Tracing Ancestry and Heritage – Jenniffer Whyte
- Transforming Perspectives: Cultivating Culture in Your Curriculum – Allison Perryman
- First Steps in the Work on Equity in the Language Classroom – Adriana Ramírez
- DIVERSITY IN ACTION: Making Hispanic Women Count in the Spanish Curriculum – Carmen Reyes
Why can’t you afford to miss this special edition for Spanish teachers?
- Professional Development: The conference offers a wealth of professional development opportunities, providing access to 28 masterclass sessions and insights from 25 outstanding educators and teachers. This allows Spanish teachers to enhance their teaching strategies and stay updated on the latest trends in language education.
- Valuable Insights: By attending the conference, Spanish teachers can gain valuable insights into effective acquisition strategies, innovative teaching techniques, and the integration of digital tools in language learning. This can help them supercharge student engagement and create a more dynamic learning environment.
- Networking and Connection: The conference provides a platform for meaningful exchanges and follow-ups with speakers and fellow attendees. This allows teachers to connect, ask questions, and engage in discussions, fostering a sense of community and professional networking.
- Access to Resources: By registering for the conference, Spanish teachers can receive special gifts such as a Playbook Guide and a Virtual Goodie Bag, which contain valuable materials and resources shared by the speakers. These resources can complement their teaching practices and provide additional support.
- Diverse Topics and Perspectives: The conference covers a wide range of topics, including cultural competence, language acquisition, classroom culture, and the use of AI in education. This diversity allows Spanish teachers to explore various aspects of language teaching and gain insights from different perspectives.
Participating in this conference can empower Spanish teachers with the knowledge, resources, and connections needed to excel in their roles and positively impact their students’ learning experiences.
Your conference gifts for attending
Secure your spot at the conference and receive two special gifts: a Playbook Guide and a Virtual Goodie Bag. The Playbook Guide is your ultimate companion, featuring the complete daily presentation schedule, session planner, and social media tracker to stay connected with presenters. Meanwhile, the Virtual Goodie Bag is packed with slides, downloads, and materials shared by the speakers to complement their presentations.
Valued at $98 and $148 respectively, these gifts are available for a limited time only.
Empowering Spanish Teachers
Empower yourself with the tools, knowledge, and connections necessary to navigate the complexities of Spanish language teaching with confidence and success.
Gain valuable insights, access a diverse range of topics, and connect with a community of educators dedicated to enhancing language education. This transformative experience equips Spanish teachers with the resources and inspiration to create dynamic and impactful learning environments for their students, ultimately shaping the future of language education.