Holidays offer a great opportunity to engage your students with Spanish. Not only can you teach them common vocabulary using fun and interesting topics, but you also have the opportunity to discuss cultural differences in how, or even if, each holiday is celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world.
Not only that, your students take a break from normal classroom activities yet at the same time they still practice their reading, listening, writing and speaking skills.
Thanksgiving Spanish Activities Mega Pack
This Thanksgiving Spanish Activities Mega Pack includes 9 activities (plus bonuses). Each may be used individually or you may use them all together. We even included different level activities in some cases for you to adjust the activity based on your students. Take a look at what we have included:
- A power point presentation to introduce 27 vocabulary words about Thanksgiving in Spanish using illustrations and pronunciation audio clips.
- A printable handout with an expanded list of 32 bilingual vocabulary words
- Printable posters in 3 sizes that illustrate many of the most important vocabulary words.
- A handout version of the posters so your students can have it handy.
Once you use these resources to introduce the vocabulary, your students can practice it with these activities:
- An English to Spanish translation crossword puzzle were your students translate the English word to fill in the crossword with the correct Spanish word.
- A word search in two versions: with Spanish word list and with an English word list to translate.
- A word jumble activity where your students (individually or in a small group) write the letters of a word in the correct order.
- A simple AB Oral activity to practice the verbs gustar, querer and preferir in pairs of students.
- A reading comprehension activity with questions in two versions: for basic and intermediate-advanced students. Plus, you can use the audio versions included to practice listening comprehension.
We also include 2 special bonuses:
- The full activity packet for the song Gratitud performed by Colombian singer Fonseca. With this song your students practice listening comprehension and basic vocabulary words.
- Spanish for turkey printable posters featuring 6 words used in Spanish.
Don’t miss this opportunity to create a fun Spanish lesson for your students.
Check out our list of Spanish Class Activities.