1. Lesson Plan – Imperfect Tense – Competitions [MEMBERS ONLY] – This lesson uses competition vocabulary to practice the imperfect tense. Students watch an authentic video in Spanish to explore the vocabulary and to introduce them to the Imperfect tense. Includes powerpoint presentation.
2. Lesson Plan – Imperfect AR ER IR Verbs – Toys and Playing Around [MEMBERS ONLY] – Students learn toys and childhood games vocabulary from a text and matching images. They discover the Imperfect tense identifying the verbs from the original text. They also create a cheat sheet to understand the imperfect tense. Finally, they do an oral practice using the imperfect to describe their childhood.
3. Lesson Plan – Imperfect IR, SER and VER – Rescues, Emergencies and Natural Disasters [MEMBERS ONLY] – Lesson plan on the irregular imperfect verbs. Students review the vocabulary with a listening comprehension activity. Next, they use the same text to identify the verbs. Finally, they work in groups to describe natural disasters from the past using the vocabulary and verbs in the imperfect tense.
4. Lesson Plan – The Imperfect Verb Tense – Students become familiar with imperfect tense conjugations for regular verbs with –ar, -er, and –ir endings. Students will be able to use imperfect tense verbs in a sentence successfully.
5. Lesson – Imperfect Tense Forms – This online lesson contains the regular and irregular conjugation in the imperfect tense. It also includes a list with examples of the uses of the imperfect tense. Ideal to print as a handout or to incorporate into your lesson plan.
6. Lesson – The Imperfect Indicative Tense – Find out how to teach this tense without first referring to the preterite.
7. Lesson – Imperfect – Regular -ER and -IR verbs – This short lesson lists the uses of the imperfect tense and includes a list of associated phrases in Spanish that describe the frequency of past actions. Ideal to print as a handout or to incorporate into your lesson plan.
8. Conjugation Charts – Imperfect Tense: ER and IR Verbs – Great material for a handout. A series of conjugation charts of the imperfect tense. It includes the English translation for students to understand situations that were going on in the past; activities that were relatively repetitive.
9. Video – Imperfect Tense: An introduction to conjugations – A quick lesson explaining how to use, translate and conjugate verbs in the imperfect verb tense in Spanish. It also looks at the irregular verbs of ser, ir and ver.
10. Video – Imperfect Tense – An in-depth lesson on the imperfect tense. It starts with the uses of this tense and continues with its conjugation.
12. Presentation – Imperfect Tense [MEMBERS ONLY] – Explains the Imperfect tense in Spanish with examples. The presentation closes with a short class practice.
13. Presentation – Imperfect AR ER IR Verbs [MEMBERS ONLY] – Short presentation to introduce the Imperfect tense. Includes conjugation chart.
14. Presentation – Pretérito imperfecto en español – In Spanish. Students learn how to use and form the imperfect of the regular and the irregular verbs. Includes practice exercises.
15. Presentation – Pretérito Imperfecto – Short presentation that includes the uses and conjugation of the imperfect. It ends with a short practice exercise.
16. Presentation – Pretérito Imperfecto – Explains the imperfect tense for regular verbs in Spanish. Includes a class practice.
17. Graphic Organizer – The Imperfect – Printable 2-page PDF. The first page is a form for students to complete and review the Imperfect. The second page is the graphic organizer.
18. The Imperfect Tense Worksheet – A 3-page worksheet to practice the imperfect starting with easy exercises up to building complex sentences.