Here are some videos, articles and one audio clip about Three Kings Day that you can use to complement your Spanish class. I selected these media clips because they are concise and I believe that they give a simple explanation of Three Kings Day religious meaning and background.
If you have our class activity packet for the song La protesta de los Reyes by El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico, these are the clips that we recommended to be used as part of the discussion.
1. Video: Cuento, historia y tradición de los Tres Reyes Magos de Oriente (Spanish)
This video is a fictional story about the Three Kings for kids. But it explains the story and the tradition of kids receiving gifts on January 6th.
2. Audio: What is Día de los Reyes Magos? (English)
This is a radio interview where Stuart A. Ashman, Director of the Museum of Latin American Art briefly explains Three Kings Day and some traditions.
3. Video: The Story of The Three Wise Men (English)
This is a video adaptation of a biblical passage about the Wise Men. In less than two minutes, this video summarizes the biblical story.
4. Video: What is Epiphany? (English)
This video is just 4 minutes long and more focused on the religious meaning of this Christian celebration.
5. Video: The Feast of the Epiphany Explained (English)
A quick video that exposes some different ways it is celebrated.
6. Article: Los Reyes Magos – Traditions in Puerto Rico (English)
7. Article: How to Celebrate Three Kings Day (English)
8. Article: The Three Wise Men – Three Kings Day in Spain with Audio (English and Spanish)
The Three Wise Men by Don Quijote blog. Read more about the three kings – Melchor, Gaspar and Baltasar and the Spanish Christmas traditions. In English and Spanish.
Los Tres Reyes Magos – El Día de Reyes en España | don Quijote
Audio en español del artículo Los Reyes…
There are a lot of materials available in Spanish, however, when I was looking for some English clips the options were limited.