1. Lesson Plan – Verb TENER and Body Parts Vocabulary Lesson Plan [MEMBERS] – In this lesson, students learn the body parts vocabulary the verb tener in the present tense and to express symptoms using the verb tener.
2. Lesson Plan – Verb Tener – Students learn the present tense conjugation of the verb tener and identify phrases in English that usually use the verb to be but in Spanish are translated with tener.
3. Lesson – Verb Tener – Integrate this information into your lesson plan. Includes the present tense conjugation, the uses of tener with examples and audio clips, a video, vocabulary practice, dialogues and quizzes.
4. Lesson – To Be or To Have: Tener Idioms – This lesson focus on the idiomatic expressions with the verb tener with some ideas on how to teach them in class.
8. Video – The Verb Tener – to Have – This 4-minute video explains the uses of tener, the present conjugation, and the idiomatic expressions with tener.
5. Presentation – Verb TENER Practice [MEMBERS] – This 20-slide presentation explains the conjugation of the verb tener in the present and examples. It also includes a question and answers practice with tener.
6. Presentation – Expressions with TENER [MEMBERS] – This illustrated printable presentation includes 12 common Spanish expressions with TENER. The Spanish verb TENER is used to express the things you or others have. But there are also other Spanish expressions with TENER that do not literally translate to “I have…”
7. Presentation – En la clase y el verbo “tener” – Starting on slide 11, this presentation covers the verb tener as well as the idiomatic expressions.
9. Handout – Verb Tener – Color printable handout that summarizes the present tense of the verb tener and the expressions with tener in just 1 page.
10. Handout – Usos del Verbo Tener – This handout in Spanish organizes the uses of the verb tener. Each use includes examples.
11. Worksheet – Tener – Students complete 20 sentences with the correct conjugation of the verb tener in the present.
12. Worksheet – Práctica del Verbo Tener – A 3-part worksheet with bilingual instructions. Students complete sentences with the correct conjugation of the verb tener, complete a conjugation chart and write example sentences.
13. Song Activities – Tengo tu Love by Sie7e – Verb TENER and Comparisons Spanish [MEMBERS] – This activity pack includes: full song lyrics, cloze activity (in 2 versions) to practice listening comprehension, a vocabulary worksheet where students create a list of the words they know from the song and then, using that list they write what they think the song is about, A/B oral activity, verb tener conjugation worksheet, and a comparison exercise. Short artist bio, link to the youtube video and answer key included.
14. Song Activities – Vendo mi casa cantando by Abraham Sevilla Serrano – Rooms of the House and Verb TENER Spanish [MEMBERS] – This activity pack includes: full song lyrics, cloze activity (in two versions) to practice the rooms of the house vocabulary, rooms of the house vocabulary worksheet to identify the vocabulary based on photos, verb TENER worksheet, answering questions with the TENER exercise and more! Short artist bio, link to the youtube video and answer key included.
15. Spanish Song – Asignatura pendiente by Ricky Martin – Verb TENER Spanish [MEMBERS] – This activity pack includes: full song lyrics, exploratory activity, cloze activity (in two versions), verb TENER conjugation exercise, answering personal questions with TENER practice and more! Short artist bio, link to youtube video and answer key included.
16. Cloze Activity – Juanes – La camisa negra – Present Tense and Verb TENER [MEMBERS] – This activity includes three cloze versions, full song lyrics, a short artist bio, a link to the youtube video, and an answer key.
17. Printable Poster and Handout – Verb TENER in the Present and Classroom Objects (School Supplies) [MEMBERS] – Decorate your classroom with this colorful poster of the verb TENER conjugation in the present tense. Then, print copies of the black and white handout for your students. The poster and handout include the verb conjugation with examples that use school supplies vocabulary.
18. Spanish Class Activities – TENER and Body Parts – A list of resources to teach the verb tener with body parts vocabulary.