It doesn’t matter if you know or don’t know Spanish, if you decide to visit Argentina you will need help understanding their colloquial language. In the past, many foreigners or expats have gone through this same situation resulting in the publication of dictionaries and guides that define the local Spanish vocabulary in English.
Here I present three Argentine Spanish dictionaries to which you can make reference to clear your doubts about language.
3 Argentina Spanish Slang Dictionaries With English Translations
1. Speaking Argento: A Guide to Spanish from Argentina
by Jared Romey
A Speaking Latino book based on my time living in Argentina.
• Over 1,300 words and phrases are explained in English
• How to speak like an Argentine
• Basic Argentine grammar and pronunciation guides
• Illustrated Argentine gestures
• 9 quick vocabulary guides tables
• A total of 35 illustrations
• Pages: 121
2. The Little Book of Porteño
by Ignatius O'Reilly
This book is only available in Kindle version. The good thing is that you don’t need an Amazon Kindle device to read it, you can download any of the free Kindle apps to read this book in your computer, tablet or smart phone.
• A section on the Argentine accent
• A section about Argentine grammar
• The book includes basic common words organized in two ways: Dictionary from A to Z and Dictionary by Topics.
• Includes a couple of generic photographs
3. Che Boludo: A Gringo’s Guide to Understating the Argentines
by James Bracken
Simple and affordable this is a good starting reference point for Argentina Spanish.
• 335 Common words and phrases used in Argentina, including common vulgar terms, all explained and defined in English
• 14 drawings illustrate meanings of common words
• Section on conjugating the Vos form commonly used in Argentina
• Pages: 63
Check out these other Argentina Spanish Slang Dictionary articles.