We hear from lots of Spanish teachers that Noche de Brujas (Halloween) is the most popular holiday for students to study.
Because of this, we created a mega collection of resources to help you introduce Halloween to your students.
Included in this mega-packet:
• 1 Original Video we created
• 2 Original Audio files we created
• 1 Vocabulary poster (in 3 sizes)
• 1 Vocabulary handout
• 1 Powerpoint Presentation, including audio pronunciation of each word, to introduce the Halloween Vocabulary
• 11 Student activities
In fact, there are so many activities included that we divided it into two parts:
PART 1: CUANDO LLEGA EL MES DE OCTUBRE SPANISH SONG ACTIVITIES
This short song, about the process of carving a Halloween pumpkin, is a classic at schools in Puerto Rico. The components included are:
1. VIDEO: “Cuando llega el mes de octubre” (mp4 format)
2. AUDIO: Song “Cuando llega el mes de octubre” (mp3 format)
3. AUDIO: Song “Cuando llega el mes de octubre” (mp3 format)
4. ACTIVITY: Exploratory question – Before listening to the song, the students think about the process of carving a Halloween pumpkin. We also include a link to a short YouTube video that shows the process.
5. ACTIVITY: Clozeline – Students practice listening comprehension with simple vocabulary.
6. ACTIVITY: Present tense verbs – The students will have an opportunity to identify all the verbs in the present tense.
7. ACTIVITY: Infinitive verbs – Students write the infinitive verb for each verb in the present tense they found in the song.
8. ACTIVITY: Word search – The word search introduces more vocabulary words from the song.
9. ACTIVITY: Bilingual Crossword Puzzle – Students translate the English word to complete the crossword in Spanish.
10. ACTIVITY: Jumbled Lines – Students receive cut-out lines of the song and they need to organize it in the correct order.
11. ACTIVITY: Visual Match – Students match the vocabulary word with the correct photo.
PART 2: LA NOCHE DE BRUJAS: HALLOWEEN SPANISH VOCABULARY PACK
We created another pack focused on 25 vocabulary words. It includes:
1. POWER POINT: Presentation with Audios – Use to introduce the vocabulary to students. It includes audio clips with the Spanish pronunciation by a native speaker.
2. POSTERS: Decorate your classroom with a poster that you can print in 3 sizes: 8.5″ x 14″, 11″ x 17″ or 18″ x 24″.
3. HANDOUT: A letter size handout with the vocabulary words that can be printed in full color or black and white.
4. ACTIVITY: Word Search – In 2 versions; with the list of words in Spanish or with the list of words in English (translation exercise).
5. ACTIVITY: Bilingual Crossword Puzzle – Students translate the words in order to complete the puzzle.
6. ACTIVITY: Spanish Spelling – Students work with 16 vocabulary words and select the correctly spelled one.
Check out our list of Spanish Class Activities.