1. Lesson Plan – Preterite IR, SER, TENER, ESTAR and PODER: City Vocabulary [MEMBERS] – Students are exposed to the city vocabulary with an authentic travel video from Mexico City. They will be able to give directions to get to different places.
2. Video – The Preterite of IR, SER and VER – In English. A quick review of the irregular verbs in the preterite and the conjugation of ir, ser and ver.
3. Video – El pretérito: IR y SER – A short video in Spanish that explains the conjugation of these verbs with examples.
4. Video – The Preterite of IR and SER: Señor Wooly Verb Conjugation Song – This useful song will help the students practice in a fun way the conjugations of the verbs “ir” and “ser”.
5. Presentation – Ser/ Ir (Preterite Tense) – This short PowerPoint presentation is great to make a review about the conjugations of the verbs ir and ser.
6. Presentation – Preterite Irregular Verbs: Ir, Ser – A detailed explanation of the conjugation of the irregular verbs “ir” and “ser”. This presentation contains some examples to help the students understand this topic.
7. Presentation – Preterite of ser and ir – In addition to the conjugation of these verbs, this presentation includes a practice that can be completed in an open class discussion.
8. Handout and Printable Poster – Verbs SER and IR in Preterite [MEMBERS ONLY] – Display this poster with two of the most common irregular verbs in your classroom. Available in three sizes: letter, legal and tabloid. Use the letter size as a handout for your students.
9. Handout – Preterite Tense of the Verbs Ir and Ser – Printable handout of the conjugation, English translation and examples.
10. Flash Cards – Preterite Tense Ser & Ir: The fu-fu verbs! – Students use this Quizlet set to play any of the interactive games to practice.
11. Worksheet – El pretérito de los verbos ir y ser – Guided worksheet with a multiple choice and a fill-in-the-blanks exercise.
12. Worksheet – Irregular preterite verbs: ir, ser – A guided worksheet where students have to identify if the verb is ir or ser.
13. Worksheet – Irregular preterite verbs: ir, ser – This guided worksheet includes a text where students must circle the correct verb conjugation of ir or ser.
14. Worksheet – Preterite tense of ser and ir – Students complete 24 sentences with the correct conjugated verb form in parenthesis.
15. Online Game – Pretérito de ir y ser – Students drag and drop the correct conjugated verb to complete sentences.