Gerunds have different uses and songs in Spanish are a fantastic way for them to practice and understand them in context.
Below is a suggested list of contemporary songs in Spanish to try in class with your students.
We have created a clozeline (fill-in-the-blanks) for each of them in 2 or 3 versions to choose from according to your students’ listening comprehension level. Each cloze is also digitally fillable!
Some of these songs come in a PACK with additional activities to go more in-depth. This will give you the versatility of using them all or picking only a couple of them depending on your students’ needs or your class schedule.
All Spanish Teachers Community members (log in here) have access to these Spanish song activities and hundreds of ready-made lesson plans and resources for the full school year!
If you are not a member yet, click here to access our exclusive freebies for Spanish teachers.
Songs in Spanish with Fill-In-The-Blank Gerunds Practice
- CNCO ft. Yandel – Hey DJ – Gerund and Reflexive Verbs
- Shakira – Estoy Aquí – Infinitive Verbs and Gerund
- Jennifer Lopez – Mírate – Imperative and Gerund
- Enrique Iglesias – Bailando – Cognates, Gerunds, Infinitive and Present Tense [PACK]
- Nicky Jam ft. Enrique Iglesias – El perdón – Tonic Personal Pronouns and Gerunds
- Jorge Drexler – Infidelidad en la era informática – Gerunds and Adjectives
- Los Amigos Invisibles – Gerundio – Gerunds [PACK]
Check more Spanish class activities here.