Mastering ser and estar is one of the most challenging parts of learning Spanish for your beginning students. Ser and Estar are both to-be verbs in English, but they have different meanings in Spanish. That is why this is often one of the more confusing verb lessons for students. Once you have presented ser and estar to your students, you can use songs in Spanish to help them practice the use in context.
We have created a clozeline (fill-in-the-blanks) for each of them in 2 or 3 versions to choose from according to your students’ listening comprehension level. Each cloze is also digitally fillable!
Some of these songs come in a PACK with additional activities to go more in-depth. This will give you the versatility of using them all or picking only a couple of them depending on your students’ needs or your class schedule.
All Spanish Teachers Community members (log in here) have access to these Spanish song activities and hundreds of ready-made lesson plans and resources for the full school year!
If you are not a member yet, click here to access our exclusive freebies for Spanish teachers.
Songs in Spanish with Fill-In-The-Blanks Practice Ser and Estar
- Area 305 – Si no estás – Verb ESTAR in the Present [PACK]
- Café Tacuba – Eres – Verb SER
- Juan Luis Guerra – Amigos – Verb SER and Friendship Vocabulary
- Tito El Bambino – Te pido perdón – Verbs SER and ESTAR
- Cultura Profetica – La complicidad – Verb SER [PACK]
- Jorge Drexler -Tres mil millones de latidos – Verbs SER and ESTAR [PACK]
- Justo Lamas – De colores – Verb SER and Personal Pronouns
Check more Spanish class activities here.