Here is a suggested list of contemporary songs in Spanish to try in class for your students to practice vocabulary related to these celebrations:
- Cinco de Mayo
- Thanksgiving (Give Thanks)
- New Year’s
We have created a clozeline (fill-in-the-blanks) for each of them in 2 or 3 versions to choose from according to your students’ listening comprehension level. Each cloze is also digitally fillable!
Some of these songs come in a PACK with additional activities to go more in-depth. This will give you the versatility of using them all or picking only a couple of them depending on your students’ needs or your class schedule.
All Spanish Teachers Community members (log in here) have access to these Spanish song activities and hundreds of ready-made lesson plans and resources for the full school year!
If you are not a member yet, click here to access our exclusive freebies for Spanish teachers.
Songs in Spanish with Fill-In-The-Blanks Practice About Holidays and Celebrations
- Grupo El Tren – La Batalla del Cinco de Mayo (Includes Webquest Activity)
- Cuando llega el mes de octubre – Halloween Spanish Song [PACK]
- Fonseca – Gratitud – Give Thanks, Thanksgiving [PACK]
Christmas and New Year’s
- Jesús Navarro ft. Maite Perroni – Esta navidad – Infinitive Verbs and Present Simple
- Christmas Song 12 Dias de Navidad – Ordinal and Cardinal Numbers [PACK]
- Christmas Song Blanca Navidad – Winter Vocabulary and Definite Articles [PACK]
- El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico – La protesta de los Reyes – Three Kings Day [PACK]
- Christmas Song El Tamborilero and Noche de Paz – Nativity Scene Vocabulary and Bingo [PACK]
- Christmas Song Cascabel – Family Vocabulary, Present and Preterite [PACK]
- Thalia – Rodolfo – Past and Imperfect
- Gloria Estefan – Abriendo Puertas – Present Tense and the New Year
Check more Spanish class activities here.