Add some songs in Spanish to your teaching tools to give your students the opportunity to practice the present tense in context.
Below is a suggested list of contemporary songs in Spanish to try in class with your students.
We have created a clozeline (fill-in-the-blanks) for each of them in 2 or 3 versions to choose from according to your students’ listening comprehension level. Each cloze is also digitally fillable!
One of these songs comes in a PACK with additional activities to go more in-depth. This will give you the versatility of using them all or picking only a couple of them depending on your students’ needs or your class schedule.
All Spanish Teachers Community members (log in here) have access to these Spanish song activities and hundreds of ready-made lesson plans and resources for the full school year!
If you are not a member yet, click here to access our exclusive freebies for Spanish teachers.
Songs in Spanish with Fill-In-The-Blanks Present Tense Practice
- Juanes – Mala gente – Indicative Present
- Fuego – Mambo para bailar – Present Tense
- Alejandro Sanz – Cuando nadie me ve – Present Tense
- Ana Belén – El hombre del piano – Present Tense
- Cristian Castro – Cuando me miras así – Present Tense
- Daddy Yankee ft. Ozuna – La rompe corazones – Present Tense
- Joey Montana – Quinceañera – Present Tense
- Juanes – Juntos – Present Tense
- El canto del loco – Por ti – Present Perfect
- Alejandro Fernández ft. Morat – Sé que te duele – Present, Tonic Personal Pronouns
- Marc Anthony – Dímelo – Present Tense
- Maná – Si no te hubieras ido – Present Tense
- Selena – Bidi Bidi Bom Bom – Present, First and Third Person Singular
- Thalía – Vuélveme a querer – Present Tense
- Las Ketchup – Aserejé – Present Verbs
- Thalía feat. Maluma – Desde esa noche – Present Tense
- Tony Dize ft. Ken-Y – Mi amor es pobre – Present Indicative, Regular Verbs
- Pambo – Te quiero más – Present Tense
- Selena – Amor prohibido – Present Verbs
- Nicky Jam – El amante -Simple Present
- Ana Mena – No soy como tú crees – Present Tense
- Belanova – 1-2-3 Go – Irregular Stem Changing Verbs in the Present
- J Balvin – Ay vamos – Present Tense in First Person Singular and Plural
- Jesse & Joy – Ecos de amor – Present Indicative
- Juanes – La camisa negra – Present Tense and Verb TENER
- Julieta Venegas – Limón y sal – Stem Changing Verbs in the Present
- Julieta Venegas – Me voy – Regular and Irregular Verbs in the Present
- Maki ft. María Artés Lamorena – Loca – Present Tense
- Matisse ft. Carlos Rivera – Más que amigos – Present Tense in the First Person Singular
- Juanes feat Nelly Furtado Juanes – Fotografía – Present Tense
- Shakira – Waka waka (Esto es Africa) – Present Tense
- Benny Ibarra – Inspiración – Present Tense
- Gondwana – Guerra – Present Indicative
- Jarabe de Palo – Bonito – Present Indicative and Gender Agreement [PACK]
- Juanes – Nada valgo sin tu amor – Indicative Present
Present Tense and Infinitive Verbs
- Artistas por Haiti – Somos el mundo – Present Tense and Infinitives
- Sin Bandera – A encontrarte – Present Tense and Infinitive Verbs
- Reik – Que vida la mia – Present Tense and Infinitive Verbs
- Maná – Ironía – Present and Infinitive Verbs
Present and Present Progressive
- Paulina Rubio – Algo de ti – Present and Present Progressive
- Chayanne feat. Jennifer Lopez – Dame – Present and Present Progressive
Check more Spanish class activities here.