Here is a suggested list of contemporary songs in Spanish to try in class with your students. This will help them build more vocabulary.
We have created a clozeline (fill-in-the-blanks) for each of them in 2 or 3 versions to choose from according to your students’ listening comprehension level. Each cloze is also digitally fillable!
All Spanish Teachers Community members (log in here) have access to these Spanish song activities and hundreds of ready-made lesson plans and resources for the full school year!
If you are not a member yet, click here to access our exclusive freebies for Spanish teachers.
Songs in Spanish with Fill-In-The-Blanks City and Social Issues Vocabulary
- Ricky Martin – Razas de mil colores – Vocabulary: Race Concept
- Pedro y Pablo – La marcha de la bronca – Vocabulary: Social Criticism
- Sting – Ellas danzan solas – Vocabulary: The Disappeared in the Pinochet Dictatorship in Chile
- Juan Luis Guerra – El costo de la vida – Economy and Politics Vocabulary
- Maná – Justicia, tierra y libertad – Vocabulary: Social Justice
- Los Fabulosos Cadillacs – Matador – Vocabulary: Social Criticism
- La Oreja de Van Gogh – Geografia – Geography and Politics Vocabulary
- Amparanoia – En la ciudad – City Vocabulary and Descriptions
- Juanes – Fíjate bien – Present, Vocabulary: Protest Against Landmines
- Rubén Blades – Pedro Navaja – Present Tense and Vocabulary: Crime
Check more Spanish class activities here.