1. Lesson Plan – Subjunctive Stem-Changing Verbs – Vacation Planning [MEMBERS]- At the end of the lesson, students will have learned vocabulary related with vacation planning, as well as irregular verbs in the subjunctive mode, through written and spoken activities. At the same time, students learn the topic in context, interacting with their teammates and improving situations.
2. Lesson Plan – Present Subjunctive Stem-changing Verbs – Staying in a Hotel and Tourists [MEMBERS] – This lesson starts presenting the hotel and tourism vocabulary. Then it uses a text from a postcard to learn about the Present Subjunctive in stem-changing verbs.
3. Video – How to use Stem-Changing Verbs in Spanish – A 3-minutes animated video for students to review how to form and how to use stem-changers in Spanish.
4. Video – Present Subjunctive: Stem-Changing Verbs – A 4-minute video lesson on how to conjugate stem-changing verbs in the present subjunctive.
5. Presentation – Present Subjunctive Stem-changing Verbs [MEMBERS] – This presentation starts with a brief review of the use of the subjunctive mood. Then, it shows the conjugation with some examples and how -IR verbs changes with nosotros and vosotros. Editable presentation in Spanish.
6. Presentation – Stem-Changing Verbs in the Subjunctive – A short presentation ideal to use to introduce the stem-changing verbs in the subjunctive. It can also be use to review the topic before getting started with the practice exercises.
7. Presentation – Verbos con Cambio de Raíz en el Subjuntivo – A complete presentation that explains stem-changing verbs. It reviews the parts of the verb, what is a stem-changing verb, how to know if a verb has a stem change and how to recognize the different stem-changing types.
8. Quizlet – Subjunctive Stem Changing Verbs – A short list of examples of subjunctive stem-changing verbs. Each example has an audio clip for the students to practice their pronunciation.
9. Practice – Subjunctive Stem Changing Verbs – This short online activity can help students practice their understanding about the formation of the subjunctive stem-changing verbs. They have to change the infinitive into the correct form of the present subjunctive according to the subject given.
10. Quiz – Subjunctive Stem Changing Verbs – This simple online quiz consists in completing each sentence by writing the correct present tense subjunctive conjugation for the given infinitive.