Learning a new language can be an exciting and rewarding experience for your students.
As a teacher, you can introduce your students to basic Spanish phrases in order to allow them to communicate easily. Start with the Top 10 phrases below and then continue with more in-depth phrases for other topics.
Top 10 Basic Spanish Phrases
- Hola – Hello
- Adiós – Goodbye
- Por favor – Please
- Gracias – Thank you
- De nada – You’re welcome
- ¿Cómo estás? – How are you?
- Estoy bien – I am fine
- Lo siento – I’m sorry
- ¿Habla inglés? – Do you speak English?
- No entiendo – I don’t understand
- Sí – Yes
- No – No
- ¿Cuánto cuesta? – How much does it cost?
- ¿Dónde está el baño? – Where is the bathroom?
- Me llamo [nombre] – My name is [name]
Lesson Plans to Teach Basic Spanish Phrases for Specific Circumstances
Our Spanish Teachers Community Members lesson plans and activities will equip your students with the fundamental tools they need to continue developing their Spanish skills. With our step-by-step instructions, your students will learn basic Spanish phrases and be able to engage in everyday conversations.
Let’s get started on this wonderful journey of discovery!
- Greetings and Introductions in Spanish
- How to Say ‘How Are You’ in Spanish
- How to Say ‘Goodbye’ in Spanish
- Expressing Likes and Dislikes in Spanish
- Classroom Commands in Spanish
- Weather Vocabulary in Spanish
- Clothing, Color, and Pricing in Spanish
- Telling Time in Spanish
- Ordering Food in Spanish
- Asking for Directions in Spanish
- Travel Spanish Lesson
- Spanish Love Phrases
- Flirting in Spanish
Spanish-speaking Countries Basic Spanish Phrases
Are you interested in learning about the cultural diversity of Spanish-speaking countries? Do you ever find yourself wondering about the common phrases used in different countries? If so, then check out this list of articles about common phrases from different Spanish-speaking countries. These articles will give you a glimpse into the fascinating language used by people throughout Latin America. Don’t miss this opportunity to enrich your understanding of the Spanish language and culture!
- How to Say “How’s it going?” in 11 Spanish-speaking Countries
- 75 Common Mexican Spanish Phrases and Expressions
- Puerto Rican Spanish Expressions Cheat Sheet
- Filler Words and Other Common Chile Spanish Slang Phrases
- Colombian List of Spanish Slang Expressions Every Student Should Know
- Football Phrases in Spanish
- Joking in Spanish: 25 Spanish Language Words and Phrases
Check more Spanish class activities here.